The Hurst Law Group's Family Law Services deals with the branch of law pertaining to all matters that are related to family unit or other domestic relations such as surrogacy, domestic partnership, marriage, divorce, child abduction, child neglect, child maintenance, paternity cases, child custody, alimony, division of family property and any other family matters.
- Divorce Trials Trials can be as short as half a day or as long as several months depending on the number of witnesses, how long each examination takes, and what motions are made during the course of the trial.
- Simplified Divorce Services is quick and less stressful than the trial process if you and your spouse have no minor children and are able to come to an agreement regarding division of any marital assets.
- Child Custody and Support is an area of the law that deals with custody of the children involved in a divorce and how the costs of raising them will be divided so that parental rights and those of the children are protected..
- Property issues in divorce cases can be confusing because of individual state laws. Courts divide property under one of two basic schemes: community property or equitable distribution. Debts are divided according to the same principles.
- Alimony Claims processed by the court may order one person to make payments to the other person when couples separates or divorces.
- Injunctions against one or both parties may be obtained through judicial means as a remedy to prohibit a party from doing or continuing to do a certain activity.
- Step Parent Adoptions is a common form of adoption. A stepparent who adopts agrees to be fully responsible for his or her spouse's child.
- Paternity and Legal Advice is provided in cases of paternity lawsuits. Evidence of paternity may include blood tests testimony, evidence of relationship of the couple during time the woman became pregnant, admissions of fatherhood, or DNA evidence.